Biscuit Blues Festival
The Sonny Boy Blues Society is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Executive Director of the King Biscuit Blues Festival. We are looking for successful experience in fund-raising and non-profit festival management, responsible for directing the overall festival operations in conjunction with the Board of Directors of the SBBS. Candidates will be disciplined and self-motivated; posses marketing and management experience; able to communicate effectively and prepare oral and written presentations. Computer skills required, including a working knowledge of modern software for word processing and spreadsheet applications. Must be able to develop a budget and projections and manage programs to the plan. Requires the ability for work flexibility under demanding time lines and to maintain cooperative relationships within the local community. Must be well organized, attentive to detail, resourceful and self-directed.
Additional duties include:
1. Generate correspondence and information for prospective sponsorships.
2. Arrange special events and promotions to promote the festival locally and nationally.
3. Maintain professional relationships with the Board of Directors of SBBS, sponsors, vendors, volunteers and the community.
4. Develop advertising formats for the festival in print, radio and TV media to ensure effective media relations.
5. Design and implement the local and national fund raising effort, which includes calling on business and professional people to promote and support the festival.
6. Skills in planning, leading and volunteer recruitment.
7. Strong communication and leadership skills.
8. Ability to analyze and interpret festival needs and implement plans to meet those needs.
9. Ability to work a demanding and irregular work schedule.
Submissions will include a cover letter and resume. Interviews will be scheduled after the Board of Directors Selection Committee has reviewed all qualified candidates.
Base pay to be discussed during scheduled interviews.
Send your resume and qualifications to:
KBBF Director App.
Attn.: Rayne Gordon
P.O. Box 237
Helena, AR 72342